Product stewardship & take back policy
In line with Schiavello’s Environmental Policy, which seeks to reduce the environmental impact of our activities, we will provide for the future stewardship of our products.
Schiavello may enter into a written Product Stewardship agreement with the purchaser to, subject to certain specific conditions, accept product returned to our Tullamarine, Victoria, main production facilities with the intention to re-use the product and/or component material where possible and maximise the residual amount which is recycled. An annual public report will be available of the ultimate fate of the materials and products returned under these agreements.
Product stewardship options
Our product stewardship options include:
- Refurbishment of products for possible reuse by existing customer or onselling/remarketing to new customers;
- On selling or donation of products in existing condition to other commercial businesses or organisations;
- Disassembly of products for component and/or materials reuse in new product manufacturing; and
- Disassembly of products for materials recycling by approved operators/recycling companies.
In order to maximize the efficient use of resources it is important that clients indicate their wish to enter into a Product Stewardship agreement in the pre-tender stage of purchasing.
Product stewardship conditions
The conditions will generally include:
- That the customer returns the products to our Tullamarine Plant; and
- That the products are in their original state not changed or re-finished and resulting from normal wear and tear.
Learn more about our broad range of Sustainability initiatives.