Product stewardship & take back policy
In line with Schiavello’s environmental policy, which seeks to reduce the environmental impact of all company activities, Schiavello will provide for the future stewardship of its products.
Schiavello may enter into a written product stewardship agreement with the purchaser to, subject to certain specific conditions, accept product returned to our main production facilities in Tullamarine, Victoria, with the intention to re‐use the product and/or component material where possible and maximise the residual amount that is recycled. An annual public report will be available regarding the ultimate fate of the materials and products returned under these agreements.
Product stewardship options
Our product stewardship options include:
- Refurbishment of products for possible reuse by existing customer or onselling/remarketing to new customers;
- Onselling or donation of products in existing condition to other commercial businesses or organisations;
- Disassembly of products for component and/or materials reuse in new product manufacturing; and
- Disassembly of products for materials recycling by approved operators/recycling companies.
In order to maximise the efficient use of resources, it is important that clients indicate their wish to enter into a product stewardship agreement in the pre‐tender stage of purchasing.
Product stewardship conditions
The conditions will generally include:
- The customer returns the products to our Tullamarine plant;
- The products are in their original state and not changed or re‐finished and have only been altered by normal wear and tear;
- A specified minimum quantity of items per return; and
- A specified maximum age of the product(s).